Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 3: Best of the Disney Films


Hello, my beautiful subjects!


Lilo & Stitch

*7.0
*A large portion of this movie's plot is about family, which I find to be really important. Even though this was a key thing, there weren't many other messages you can take. The relationship between Lilo and Nani was done well and warmly for sisters to relate to. That even though they fought a lot, they were still sisters and loved one another. They added a bit of realism to the story, as well, as far as the human backgrounds went. People who have lost family members can relate to the girls, who themselves had lost their parents, so it has a good chance of emotional connection. Lilo not being accepted by the other girls and then finding Stitch, who actually understood her, is also a good addition, showing that you just have to find people who love and accept you for who you are. And it was actually nice to see a girl make a connection with the otherworldly creature, for a change.
*It has it's share of Disney corniness and I'm not necessarily a fan of beachy, paradise-type backgrounds, but this one has a lot of charm and humor that's good enough to hold my attention. The alien aspect of things also might've played a role in my liking it. ;P Stitch is precious and totally lovable, so it's hard not to love at least him. All in all, they did a good enough job with this one, that was successful enough to spawn sequels and a fantastic TV series.



Brave

*7.0
*One of the most important messages to take from this film is the beautifully portrayed relationship between Merida and her mother. There are a few touching parts that make me out and out cry, so it's sure to strike people who have close relationships with their mothers in the feels. There's an added message here about finding your own path and not giving in to arranged relationships, which is an important thing for young people to know. Merida may have disobeyed her parents, but the movie does show that because of it, there were bad consequences that she needed to fix. Her arguing with her mother also showed a bit of realism to parent-child relationships, but the important thing they showed was that in the end, it all worked out, and love is more powerful than hate, as they both began to understand one another. There are some things in here that are inappropriate for children (if you've seen the film, you'll know what I'm talking about), but it's not too horrendous and still a great movie with good messages to consider.
*I was surprised by how much I loved this one. Merida is a girl after my own heart. Like Mulan, she doesn't accept that just because she's a girl means she has to doll herself up. She's a huge tomboy princess and that's a refreshing thing to see compared to all the girly princesses. I especially loved the relationship between her and her mother. The characters are great and most are likable. The plot and theme throughout the story was a nice change of pace in the fairytale genre, and the animation was beautifully done. I, for one, loved the Scottish background, lore and landscapes. It has some faults, but it's still a really good movie.


Peter Pan

*7.5
*There aren't too many wholesome messages in this movie (I could go into detail about some negative aspects that people frequently complain about, but I'll spare you that opening of drama, not that it's coming from me, cuz I really don't care. XD). I will say that since forever, I've loved the Peter Pan story with all my heart and treasure it's inner message to never grow up. I'm 20 years old and I still follow this great advise. I may adult a lot, but I'm still just as immature as a puppy. Not growing up doesn't necessarily have to mean aging or doing mature things. It can simply mean to never stop having that inner child to escape to when things go wrong. To never stop having fun and enjoying your life. To never stop playing. And I think that's as beautiful a message as you can get. :)
*How can you not love this one, though? Sure, it doesn't follow a lot of elements from the book, in fact it sugarcoats most things, but it's still a well done classic and has a good amount of humor and mischief to keep you entertained. Plus, Peter Pan. So yeah.


Oliver & Company

*6.5
*The same concept, essentially, as with The Rescuers and Meet the Robinsons, where Oliver is basically an orphan. Being that this has to do with animals, you have a lot more potential for people going to get dogs and cats after watching this film, so it raises attention to all the lonely little hearts out there, waiting to be loved.
It also deals a small positive aspect of friendship when it comes to Oliver and the others.
*This is one of my dad's favorites, so I kinda grew up with this one. Sure, it's not my favorite of Disney movies, but I do love it! It's got a good habit of keeping me reeled in and the writing isn't too bad. It isn't completely riddled with singing, so that part makes me happy. Alot of the characters are also likable, naturally for the dogs, cuz dogs are glorious. ^^ Overall, good entertainment.

Until next time!

God Bless,
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjAqrhwXw-bOk9ZU00C-6yyczzvIyw1iXTUlMCiw9ZeJLwHKcvJ81CHQC1PmVmNKRwIZOt7hrOHLZbCK19UM9JJpqqmhO1IkL-eMyQUCDMnWsf3h4A4GA3OEcA6MHa-zgkvnxrBctGwsg/s1600/A68DD3A47E01C7B2E7AD972B4EA2415D.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

No crude language and no negative comments. If ya can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.