Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Day 2: Movies I Could Watch Again and Again


Welcome to the second round of our Geek Week!
Let's continue my post-chain, "Movies I Could Watch Again and Again", shall we?


4. The Dark Knight Trilogy

Ok, let's back up a bit here and lemme just say, I am one of the biggest fans, biggest lovers, biggest supporters, biggest everythings of all things Batman.
I can't help it, I have a serious obsession.

Now I absolutely adore the other Bat films, I do! They have a lot of good things about them.
But the DK trilogy is like...oh my word.
There is very little you can say against such perfection.
The style, the characters, the story, the direction, everything is just so intelligently written and perfect.
Christopher Nolan is by far one of the most amazing and talented directors of our time, no lies.
He puts a lot of detail and thought into what he does and he does a bloody brilliant job at it.

I have no favorites when it comes to this trilogy. They're all the same movie to me.
The usage of villains and the characters are just so clever. I don't always dig it when people try to make things I like more realistic, but I definitely did with this one.

Christian Bale did a glorious job as Bruce/Batman. He covered his accent well and humanized the character in a unique way. Bruce's character has always been really interesting to me. He puts up an act with Bruce, which is supposed to be his real identity, but almost reveals the real him when he's Batman. And this has been a different thing from other super heroes. Morally, he's triumphant.
I don't always agree with his stances on things- e.g. the no killing policy- but that's his own walk and I respect it. Because he's awesome at everything he does.
Bale portrayed Bruce in an amazing way, taking everything we've seen from Bruce's character and putting his own spin into it. He acts in a way where it's almost as if he's playing two characters. He separates the two personalities of Bruce and Batman very well, making it look almost effortless.
I love his mixture of emotions and restrain from making who's supposed to be the same person seem like the same person. He did a terrific job as Batman and it's a shame we won't be seeing him play him again.

Of all the Gordon portrayals I have seen, Gary's take was fantastic. He really humbled the character and made him likable even in times where he shouldn't be. I love the loyalty and trust he showed to Batman and how their partnership built up. Gary made Gordon's character seem believable and as good a cop and person as Gordon can be. His character honestly was just as important and heroic as Batman was.
And that's why you need to be careful with how you portray everyone.
In a story like this, everyone has an important role.

I liked Rachel well enough and it was horrible when she died, but there was a bit of an annoyance how she kept friend-zoning Bruce and was so conflicted with her feelings. Not that I was annoyed with how it was portrayed, it was an annoying situation, so it's supposed to be annoying.
Her personality was in the right place; she loved her city and it's people and wanted to try her best to save them both, and I really respected that part of her. She did what seemed right to her and that's always a good thing. I would've loved to have seen her and Harvey together longer, because they did make a good couple.

But thankfully, Selina really made up for the bad relationship that went down in the first two movies.
Bruce needed some love and he sure found it.
I've always loved BatCat's (yes, don't judge me) relationship and adored their sass with eachother.
Catwoman has always been one of my favorites, especially in Batman Returns, but I think Anne's portrayal is my more favored one, simply because she's not as sexualized as with Michelle's.
She's more grounded and realistic and does what she can to survive and doesn't put herself out there for men to boggle over. (Michelle's didn't do this, but you know what I mean)
I love her sarcasm and wit, then change to a more serious and aggressive behavior when it's down to business. She's more like Bruce in this way, as far as knowing what personality to use when it comes down to things. I really loved the way they set the relationship up in the movie. It wasn't rushed or dragged, it was a perfect build. And I'm sorry, but in almost every portrayal of them I see, they are just perfect for one another.

Ahhhh, the villains. I could go on and on about the villains, but I just won't.
You have Villainous Villains for that one.
I will say that I loved Crane in this one and that he actually got to have a film appearance.
That's one of the only shames about the movies is that he didn't play a bigger role.
But who can deny that the whole judge-y scenes of him were not absolutely perfect?

So yeah, I know I went even more overboard on my so-called "mini" review than I did for Advent Children, but I AM talking about three movies in one here, so go easy on me.
The soundtrack was incredible and because of it, I am a huge fan of Hans Zimmer, cuz golly, the man is the king of music. I'm not kidding.
The plot, the acting, the look, the feel, everything to me is perfect. I could watch those movies every day and not get tired. They're so brilliantly well done and I give every thumb up possible to everyone involved for putting it together. So I give a very strong 10/10, because yes.


5. Terminator 2: Judgement Day

I have always been a big fan of the Terminator films. I love the concept, the story and all the characters.
I haven't fully watched the first one (although I would like to), didn't much care for the third one, even though I could tolerate it unlike other people, loved the fourth and adored the fifth, but the 2nd one was just incredible. They did a massively awesome job with how they went about things in this one.

The build up was done right, with how they opened it and how they brought on all the characters.
And the terminator scenes are intense in their own right. I, for one, always get chills.
The music they use also really helps the mood.
Young John Connor, I'm sorry to say, I always had a crush on him when I was around his age.
But his character was great. Especially when he was interacting with Arnold. XD
Sarah rocked here. I love how intense and aggressive she got after her experience.
Her portrayal was insane and it was bloody epic. But she didn't always do things that made the most sense.
If anything, she started to react to a lot of things in anger, which is totally understandable.
The whole deal really messed her up and it was heartbreaking when she lost Kyle. (Which is why I'm pretty thankful for Terminator 5, because you know...)

Arnold, as usual, was his awesome acting self. He plays tough and serious so well.
The action scenes mesmerize me. And Robert's terminator gives me the willies, mainly because he is so cold and direct with how he acts and kills. Let's be honest, if his kind've terminator existed, we'd all be scroogled.

I just seriously loved this movie. Sure, the language is a bit much, and it has it's own set of flaws, but it's the best one (next to T-5) of the series, mainly because they take this one seriously and didn't mess around with it. The story was great, the actors were great (and intense, my word), the music was mixed in well, and the look of it all was dark and edgy, just the way I like this kind of movie.
I give it a 9.5. ^^


6. Hugo

I will go very far in saying that this movie is stunning.
It is gorgeous in every way. Everything about it was just perfectly done and so full of life.
They really paid attention to things and built it up in the correct way a movie should.
Every time I watch Hugo, I get so full of inspiration.

I originally hadn't even heard much about it, except for one little TV spot and a mention of it when talking to my sister, who saw it and loved it. So when it was available, I decided to give it a try.
And boy, was I right to do so. :)
It has since become one of my most beloved movies. I was super surprised at how much I adored it.
I fell in love with the plot (DEFINITELY the plot), the characters, the look of everything, and just everything in general. It really pulled me in and kept my attention glued to the screen.
I am always fascinated by movies about writing or acting or just simply film-making.
It's a topic that's closest to my heart and I love to see other people's takes on it, especially from the writers or film-makers themselves. They really capture the beauty of books and movies so vividly here and gave out the perfect message that films had the power to capture dreams.

I love Chloe Grace Moretz and this is actually the only movie I own that she's done, mainly because her others just don't interest me, even though she's a fantastic actress.
I adored her character and her lively spirit, even though at time she could be a real brat.
But she makes up for it with charm and compassion and the way her and Hugo slowly become best friends is just so touching. They complimented eachother's personalities really well and they made eachother better people by being around one another. Also, the fact that she became a writer made me love her even more.
Hugo had his moments of being unlikable, but he really pulled through when he started to show more emotion and revealing what was happening within him, to where you really felt for the kid. He had went through a lot and it was a shame he had such a hard life, knowing how smart and talented he was.

Georges Méliès and his wife Jehanne were precious. I loved those two so.
They both had incredible dreams and talents and were so smart and passionate about what they did, it was so shattering to watch them be so broken. Like Hugo, they had their beginning times of being unlikable, but then when you find out what all happened to them, you just really have nothing but pity for them.

Uggghhh, but the movie, I love this movie so incredibly much. It was so beautiful and fantastic and I adored the Inspector and his lovely love interest and his dog so much. Anyone who has not seen it really needs to, because it's just a perfect film, especially for writers or film-makers like myself.
It always, always fills me with so much inspiration and really speaks to my heart, awakening the passion I have for writing and film-making in really strong volumes.
So yeah, if you haven't, watch it.
You'll probably love it.
All the things are fantastic. I give it a 10/10. Hands down.

That's all for now. Check back tomorrow for more! ♥

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjAqrhwXw-bOk9ZU00C-6yyczzvIyw1iXTUlMCiw9ZeJLwHKcvJ81CHQC1PmVmNKRwIZOt7hrOHLZbCK19UM9JJpqqmhO1IkL-eMyQUCDMnWsf3h4A4GA3OEcA6MHa-zgkvnxrBctGwsg/s1600/A68DD3A47E01C7B2E7AD972B4EA2415D.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

No crude language and no negative comments. If ya can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.