Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 1: Fabulous Females...



This is a series of posts that will give in small detail what I love the most about certain female characters.
While I'm in no way a Feminist, I still value strong and capable gals in fiction, who either have impressive fighting capabilities or just really honorable qualities to them that everyone should value in a girl.
I'm not a fan of my own gender, I'll be honest with that.
But I can't help but give two thumbs up to dem gals who are just pure amazement, in every shape of the word. And naturally, these girls are in no particular order.



Emily the Strange

The essence of awesomeness herself, Emily's where it's at, bro's.
She's meh girl. \|/ >___< \|/
While I'm a dog person, rather than a cat person, and I am not nearly as dark as she can be, she's one of the closest things out there I've found that's even the least bit similar to myself.
She's got an overwhelming amount of sass and toughness and digs creepy, dark things without going too deep into the creep hole herself, and she's a total genius.
Her character is one of the strangest and most complex portrayals of a gal I have yet to witness.
And I love it. Every second of it.

You can thank my sister for introducing me to Emily.
I was told for quite awhile how much Em and I are alike and once I got ahold of the four Em Strange novels and read for myself her interesting personality, I quickly caught onto the idea.
Seriously though, personal comparison aside, I love Emily and all her little adventures.
She has one heck of a background and juicy details to her past that I really wanna learn more about.
She's massively awesome and will always remain one of my favorite female characters of all time.

(still waiting for an Emily Strange movie, btw, k thnx bye)





Black Widow / Natasha Romanoff

To tell you the truth, I at first had my doubts of liking her when I heard about the way they were going to handle her character, or at least what I assumed they were going to do.
Y'know, what they normally always do to tough, strong ladies...either they over-sexualize them or make them...you know..and that's one of the main reasons why female characters just plain infuriate me sometimes.
But I never expected for her to become one of my most favorite female characters.
Like, ever.
There's no lies in anything, she's awesome.
They haven't written her wrong. They haven't screwed her up.
They haven't made her a stone wall, but they also haven't made her an emotional baby.
She doesn't get attached to people, but she still wants a few of them around just so she isn't completely alone. In most situations, she can handle her own.
But being kidnapped by a horde of robots kind've hits the breaks for her and that's ok.

They've done true justice with Widow.
She essentially does what she wants. She handles problems with a cool and calculated, sometimes snarky, manner and is super smart and skilled in what she does, it almost seems like she knows everything.
She's a girl after my own heart and a proud candidate for one of the best tough female portrayals I've ever seen done. There really hasn't been anything wrong with her character that I've been ticked off at.
Everything about her is perfect. And I truly admire her desire to make up for a difficult and tragic past and her loyalty to the rest of the Avengers, even though, honestly, she doesn't owe them anything.
So yeah, Widow...she's awesome.








Mulan

I'm not exaggerating when I say that Mulan inspired me when I was young.
She is quite literally probably the BEST example of what a tough girl should strive to be.
When I was little, Mulan was my Disney Princess. Because I related to her the most.
She inspired me in more ways than one and showed me that it was ok to be different from other girls and defy the status qou for a stretch.
When I was young, it was clear that even though I had to wear dresses and try to act proper like a lady, I was different from the other girls. I was rougher and got along better with the boys and eventually I learned that indeed, I was different.
Like Mulan, I was taught how a girl should act and what they should like and that's fine, because most girls like those things. To cake themselves in make-up, dress up, be pretty, become a gentle little doll.
But there's something within us tough girls that drives us to be more than that.
It's ok to be that way. To not be interested in what society has put in the heads of girls on how to act and what to like, and it doesn't mean that we're..you know.
I'm in total love with boys and can't get enough of them. And I get along much better with them than I do girls. Just like Mulan.

So Mulan is actually a very personal character to me. She had a good hand on the inspiration for what I wanted from myself.
And she has amazing qualities about her. She's super courageous, smart, funny and wild at heart.
She risked her life to protect her family and eventually all of China and essentially took down Shan-Yu with a fan...a fan.
She gave up and risked everything for the people she loved and did an awesome job doing it.
And in the end, she didn't gloat. She didn't shove all the men off who doubted her.
She didn't act arrogant or better than everyone else.
She did what she came to do. And then she went home.
One of the great things about her, too, was she didn't plaster herself up and flirt with every man she came across. She had her eyes fixed on one guy. And that one guy wound up becoming her husband.
In other words, she wasn't interested in relationships, except one. She waited.

So yeah, like I noted...Mulan has some amazing qualities that seriously just go unnoticed and is very much an underrated Disney girl. If any of them should serve as a suitable role model, it's definitely her.

That's all for today. ^_^ Thank you for reading, loves! ♥
Tune in again tomorrow for more of my Fabulous Female picks!

God Bless,
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjAqrhwXw-bOk9ZU00C-6yyczzvIyw1iXTUlMCiw9ZeJLwHKcvJ81CHQC1PmVmNKRwIZOt7hrOHLZbCK19UM9JJpqqmhO1IkL-eMyQUCDMnWsf3h4A4GA3OEcA6MHa-zgkvnxrBctGwsg/s1600/A68DD3A47E01C7B2E7AD972B4EA2415D.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

No crude language and no negative comments. If ya can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.