Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 1: Movies I Could Watch Again and Again..


I thought I would kick off Geek Week by starting the first of my post-chains: Movies I Could Watch Again and Again...

With this set, I will be listing movies (and movies alone) in no particular order.. since it's near impossible for me to tell what my favorite movies are, I thought it best to name the ones I find myself coming back to over and over! The number of movies I name each day may vary.
Within the listings, I will be including mini reviews (like describing how much I like this or that), and I apologize in advance if I get too wordy. Also, there will be spoilers, so if you see a name of a film you haven't seen that you're considering on seeing, I would advise skipping over to the next movie.
Now, let's begin!


1. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Ok. I will be honest and say that this is one of my most favorite movies on the entire planet.
Why? Simply because it's Final Fantasy.
I am addicted to all things FF7 and the fact that they brought the story into a full-length movie still makes my heart giddy. I have a regular DVD version and then the extended COMPLETE version that's only for Blu-Ray. (At the time of COMPLETE's release, I did not have the means of watching it yet, so I had it on the shelf for quite awhile!)

Omgosh, I'm probably sounding like such a fangirl, but this movie is beautiful. And it'll only make sense to FF fans, tbh. I adore it, like, millions of amounts. It brings in the original game's storyline and characters together so perfectly and answers a lot of questions you might've been asking about, well, a lot.
While many fans criticized it, I praised it.
I felt it also brought a greater sense of closure for a lot of the characters, especially Cloud.
All the scenes included of Aerith and even Zack gave me a little peace about both their passings.
Cloud also has a good deal of character development here as he struggles with everything that's happened to him. Since playing the game and knowing how it ends, I know now that there was a lot, had there NOT have been a movie, that I would've liked to have seen further, so I'm honestly quite glad that they did the movie.
Cloud's struggle with not only Aerith and Zack's deaths, but also his inner battle with Sephiroth had to be addressed a little more. And they closed it out so magnificently.
You also got to see a much more dangerous, brooding side to Sephiroth that brought you into an up-close-and-personal finishing battle that was genuinely perfect. Between the length and style of it all (and let's not forget the awesome Limit Break performed by Cloud), I think they did Cloud and Sephiroth's face-off massive justice.

I'm not one to be picky about graphics, but they were rather beautiful, especially for it's time.
I love the revamped look they gave various characters and the detail they put into everything.
I think the way they brought in the gang, too, was a great nod to the game.
Annnndddd the soundtrack is awesome. Battle of the Forgotten City (also probably my favorite scene) and Beyond the Wasteland are two of the catchiest.

I must confess, the first time I watched the movie, I instantly fell in love with Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo's characters. They were suitable successors as far as danger goes in their place as villains, after the passing of Sephiroth. And yes, I did develop a crush on Kadaj, but don't judge me, I was 10 years old. XD

Many people went after the choices for the voice acting, but dude, I have no idea why.
Everyone did perfect!
I love every single one of the actors who portrayed them. Each one fits in with their character's personality rather well. Especially Yuffie, Sephiroth and Vincent.
Now every time I see George Newbern, I think of Sephiroth. ;P
For all those who complained that Kadaj and his brothers sounded a bit annoying, that was the point.
They were essentially overgrown children. Yes, they had the bodies of men, but they had the minds of little boys. So I think Steve, Fred and Dave did incredibly well making them sound like a bunch of babies. :P
(..ahem...but that didn't stop them from being attractive...ahem...)

To prevent myself from going too deep in this supposed mini-review, I'm going to proceed to just give my rating already. XD
Since I'm that big a groupie, I give the film a strong 10/10.
Because, bro, you don't even know how much I love this movie and how fiercely I will defend it.
It's one of the general reasons why I'm so in love with the idea of games being made into movies. ♥


2. Last Action Hero

If you're an Arnold fan or not, I love the guy and I love this movie! ♥
In fact, next to Terminator 2, this is probably my favorite of his.
It's the general concept of the film that attracts me the most; I mean, c'mon, who WOULDN'T wanna hang out with their favorite character?
Literally, that's the movie. The main character is given a ticket that can transport you into movies.
Why would you not.
But no, bro, this movie is where it's at. Arnold's character is awesome (like always) and admit it, we're all Danny. Seriously, Danny, he's a precious little gem, I love that kid, flaws and all.

But guys, you're not listening, it's story is astounding and so out of the ordinary, nobody ever explores the concept of everyday fans being able to cross over into their favorite (movie)'s world and interact with their favorite characters, why is this not a thing everywhere?
It's the precise type of plot that has always inspired my writing.
And don't go thinking this is some cheeky little action hero movie. It's got a great plot, great set of characters, a good amount of sass and humor, and hey is that Ian McKellen playing Death.
Seriously, if you haven't already, give it a chance.

But idk what to say, everything is awesome.
Benedict was a fantastic villain, which may surprise you skeptics. He was an actual villainous villain.

And no, just because I'm not pouring my heart and soul out for this one like I did the last does not mean I like it less, you fool.
Cuz I'm giving it a 10, ha!
Soooooo funnnnnn. ^_____^

3. The Mummy

I don't know what it is about it, but I just can never get enough of this movie.
Granted, it has a theme I'm somewhat attracted to..not Egypt itself..but mummies. And adventure.
IDK, I'm so weird. I've just always loved the concept of mummies and ancient things related to it, especially mixed in with monsters and what not. It's rather interesting.
But this film is just perfect for it's genre.
Yes, I know, it has it's flaws and plot holes, but I overlook everything and just appreciate it.
Because entertainment wise, it's so good.

Yes, you would think it's horror because of the super creepy mummy scenes, but being a mummy movie, you need to automatically accept it as horror, because let's be honest, it's a dead person...
And dead people are typically supposed to be cinematically scary.
But as dear Rachel Weisz described it once, I see it more as an adventure film than anything.
Because really, it is.
The whole feeling of the majority of everything is adventure.

I love the characters, I love the detail of things, I love the whole set-up and background of the places they go to and the way things occur. The team that serves on the good side is so favorable, you can't help but love everybody. Rick and Evie are perfect and Jonathan is perfect and the cowboys are perfect and just yes.
It was very much a shame that the Warden, Americans and Curator passed because I would've loved to have seen them all as a permanent adventuring team, honestly.
Imhotep was a great villain and his background with Anck-Su-Namun was, well, a good clear message on what you should NOT do with your life. ;P
But you gotta admit, him and her's loyalty, not to mention that of his servants, after all those years of being dead...pretty impressive.

Oh yeah and Ardeth is pure awesomeness, nuff said.

If you haven't, you should try it.
The movie is mesmerizing and serves as a great flick to feed your great movie night craving.
I give it a 9.9. While I seriously love this movie, it had a problem;
why would they give powers of invincibility to a dead person?
yep.

That does it for now. :)
Check back again tomorrow for more of my beloved movies! ♥

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjAqrhwXw-bOk9ZU00C-6yyczzvIyw1iXTUlMCiw9ZeJLwHKcvJ81CHQC1PmVmNKRwIZOt7hrOHLZbCK19UM9JJpqqmhO1IkL-eMyQUCDMnWsf3h4A4GA3OEcA6MHa-zgkvnxrBctGwsg/s1600/A68DD3A47E01C7B2E7AD972B4EA2415D.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

No crude language and no negative comments. If ya can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.