Friday, October 2, 2015

Day 5: Movies I Could Watch Again and Again


Good day. :)
Sadly, this will be the last one of this set.
I hope you've enjoyed it and got some ideas as to what to watch!


13. Batman Returns

Yes, another Batman movie. What a surprise. ;)
Out of all the original four Bat films they did, this one I could watch over and over (hence the title of this set).
Indeed, it has it's share of issues. Such as the handful of inappropriate moments and references, but I just can't help but adore this film. When I'm not watching it on my Bat-film days, I always go out've my way in making sure I watch it for Christmas. Cuz frankly, it's a Christmas film and you can't argue with that.
So watching it has sort've become a little tradition of mine.

But no, no, no, see, I just loved it. The dark and creepy atmosphere is fantastic and their choice of villains was spectacular. ♥ I love what they did with the characters and how awesome they made Batman.
The film was treated with plenty of Batman galore and tons of lovely, respectful moments to all of the characters. They made Selina and Oswald actual freaks of nature; turning Penguin into an inappropriate, mutated, spiteful little creep. And Catwoman into a suggestive, vengeful sort of feline.
So the fact they umped their characters to an actual level of legitness was pretty fun.

The only time I actually was for one of Bruce's relationships in these movies was in this exact film;
him and Selina were perfect. What I love about her as a love interest, though, is that she wasn't like the others; she made him come to her. Much like in Dark Knight Rises.
And had she given Bruce a chance, I think the two really would've worked out and been a perfect team. But everything she did made her feel as if it was impossible for a normal life.
So yes, the ending has it's deal of sadness. And I will be honest, I get sort've teary when Penguin dies.
Despite all of his creepy little flaws, I loved the guy. He balanced his weirdness with lots of humor and quotable words, and dressed rather stylishly.
You see the film begin with his birth and you follow his story from that point on, then things wind up closing out with his death is just...sad. Hero or villain, it's sad. Especially the way they did it, made it seem so final and sorrowful, as if showing, despite your feelings about him, you had to feel sad he was going.

The whole atmosphere may be dark and creepy and at times a bit gloomy, which is to be expected from Tim Burton, but I love it. I just love it. It's one of my favorite films simply because it's Batman and they did a really great job with it. I can't help but smile when watching it. Out of the four, this one had to be the greatest.
So, yeah. 9.5 :)


14. Eight Legged Freaks

Ah, yes. Eight Legged Freaks. A childhood favorite.
This is so because of a thing about me that people think is weird; I love spiders.
Always have, always will! ^_^
I love the creeptastic, multi-eyed little cuties. Especially Black Widows and Jumping Spiders. ♥
So I, for one, don't watch this film in disgust. I adore it.

Despite being a comedy of sorts, I think of it as just another film with lots of appropriate levels of humor.
It's fantastic and hilarious. Yes, yes, yes, I know, it has flaws and some cheesy parts, but stop raining down on my parade! I love it to pieces. ^_^
The characters are an interesting bunch and the plot is fun and it has it's moments where you kinda widen your eyes, especially when everyone starts to discover the spiders themselves.
And let's not forget, this movie had a young Black Widow in it, ok?
No, I'm serious, it actually had a young Natasha Romanoff, look, I have photographic evidence!



The pacing of things is good, too. And the right level of action, if you can call fighting giant spiders action.
And I was incredibly sad to see Joshua go. Him and Mike had a fun friendship going on.
And Samantha was fabulous. Her and Chris' backgrounds were really interesting subplots to watch and I feel they had great character development.

Ah, what else can I say, you won't believe me, but it's a really fun film and I loved it and shut up.
9.9! Just to spite you. >=/


15. Gremlins

Your cruelty to spider kind has forced me to close this set off with a scary Gremlin photo.
You're welcome. Happy now?

Yes, how can I not end things with the loveliness that is Gremlins? It's a classic and pure awesomeness.
I just really don't have much to say about it besides, like, the pacing? The pacing is good.
And the character development is decent enough. I'm sorry, I'm really just tired and don't wanna think too much, but yes, it's fantastic. I love both the Gremlins and Mugwais and Gizmo is precious. ♥
Billy is a major sweetie. I loved him as a character, and it made me sad to see so many unfortunate things happen to him. And yeah...Kate had problems.

But the whole point of it is, GREMLINS.
I watch it every Christmas, like Batman Returns, and I just love it, dude, don't step on my happiness.
Just Gremlinnssssss, we don't judge it, we watch it, NEED I SAY ANYMORE?
9.9 and done.

So yes, thank you for taking the time to read my overly-long mini reviews of all my beautiful beloved films. :)
Love you all and God Bless you!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjAqrhwXw-bOk9ZU00C-6yyczzvIyw1iXTUlMCiw9ZeJLwHKcvJ81CHQC1PmVmNKRwIZOt7hrOHLZbCK19UM9JJpqqmhO1IkL-eMyQUCDMnWsf3h4A4GA3OEcA6MHa-zgkvnxrBctGwsg/s1600/A68DD3A47E01C7B2E7AD972B4EA2415D.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

No crude language and no negative comments. If ya can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.