Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Maximum Ride fans?


Nevermore is the last book of the series. I have the whole series except for this book.
The paperback is out. I was waiting all year for the paperback.
The paperback came out in February. It is now March.
And I still don't have it.
I NEED to get this, even IF it's completely rubbish.
It is my duty.

Besides this, is there anyone else who has read the books?
My nieces and a few of my friends were into them, so I got into them. My feelings are so mixed about the books, seriously. The characters can be so freaking annoying, I just wanna punch them all, right down to Angel. Who is not an Angel. Don't be deceived.
It took me awhile to like Max. But then I kind've lost all respect for her by FANG. No, actually, MAX.
It was MAX.
And don't even get me started on Fang.
Idk, I kind've love the concept of the storyline, but kind've really hate the characters themselves.
I guess the only true one I liked was Ari and Ari died. ;_;
Figures.
Total's pretty cool, too.

But yeah, let's just say because of this series, I am never making the mistake of getting into another young adult series again. Cuz they all drive me bunkers. Really, they are filled to the brim of vicious teen stereotypes. Like we all date, we all smooch with every other person alive, we all want to be popular and fit in and do stupid things like constant and there is no sane, level-headed adolescent out there.
*ahem* Excuse me, YA authors, GET OUT.
There are a-plenty teens-- even LITTLE CHILDREN-- out there who are even smarter than the majority of adults. I've seen dem hypocrites do some pretty dumb business of their own.
But anyway. I hate the whole general feel of some of the books because they go to school and meet other kids and do all these things that ehhh...when characters I feel responsible of start acting human, I get uncomfortable. Fang really became the lamest character when he was with that red-haired girl, when OBVIOUSLY he liked Max..and then he wound up choosing a clone over Max..and then he came back to her when that clone...I mean...if I was Max, if I was ANYONE, I wouldn't trust that boy to give me the time of day. Honestly. I seriously declare him the most annoying character in the series.
Angel irritated me just as much..but ugh. Dude. I'll get the book, but I'm not sure if I'll even be able to bring myself to reading it. I just, ugh.
Everything, ugh.

It's not just that I'm not a general supporter of dating, but having all the teenage characters basically act all flimsy as heck and going around with every other living breathing boy/girl, it's just, seriously.
Stop. It's annoying. So glad I don't date....relationships make me queasy. XD

Not sure if I really could pick a favorite, though. Yes, through out all of them, there are some parts I like, but the majority of the time, I can't stand anything.
But if I was to really pick a favorite out of the books, it'd probably have to be the first one.
Before the general sucky personalities of the characters came out. And especially before Ari died. ;_;

So...any Maximum Ride fans who also have a strong love/hate relationship with the series? XD

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjAqrhwXw-bOk9ZU00C-6yyczzvIyw1iXTUlMCiw9ZeJLwHKcvJ81CHQC1PmVmNKRwIZOt7hrOHLZbCK19UM9JJpqqmhO1IkL-eMyQUCDMnWsf3h4A4GA3OEcA6MHa-zgkvnxrBctGwsg/s1600/A68DD3A47E01C7B2E7AD972B4EA2415D.png

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I could never get into the Maximum Ride series. I tried reading the first book, but...I don't know. It didn't really engage me. But maybe it's a good thing I didn't finish the series if the characters started annoying you--I've read stories with annoying characters before and it's just...ugh :P

    The dating drama does seem to be popular among YA novels :P I'm reading one right now, and the story's really good, but I'm getting tired of the romantic drama. I wish the characters would just say they like someone and get it over with instead of the whole You-Made-Me-Mad-So-I-Won't-Talk-To-You happening over and over again, then the whole makeup thing, then the whole I'm-Jealous-Of-Someone-Else-I-Think-Likes-You...yeah, it gets super annoying.

    And somehow this turned into a rant about dating drama :P lol. But yeah. I don't know. I couldn't really get into Maximum Ride, but the first book was okay. It's sitting on the bookshelf in my house, so maybe one day I'll pick it up and try finishing it.

    ReplyDelete

No crude language and no negative comments. If ya can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.